Posted on: July 5, 2020
Sunday, July 5, 2020 - Sunday Mass
Posted on: June 29, 2020
Signs of Life Book Club - Week 5: Abundant Life
For this week, please read Section V, Abundant Life on Confession, Indulgences and Intercession of the Saints.
"It is better to confess one's sins than to harden one's heart." Pope Clement I, First Century.
We are learning more about our traditions and then sharing our reflections and experiences of those traditions. As you read, please note parts of the Chapter that strike you and reflect on those. As we take up each chapter, we will share those reflections to fill out our understandings of these aspects of the Catholic Church.
Join Wednesday, July 1 at 7:00 p.m. by Zoom
Please email Sherry@stjoscap.org with any questions. Or if you are not on the list to receive the Zoom meeting ID #.
Posted on: June 28, 2020
Sunday, June 28, 2020 - Sunday Mass
Due to audio issues I have not posted this mornings Mass on our website.
I have attached the link to our Facebook page but there is a lot of static.
Click below to view the Mass
Dear Fellow Parishioners,
It is with great joy that I am able to announce to you the reopening of our beloved parish church on the weekend of Saturday, June 13 and Sunday, June 14, 2020.
This has been an unprecedented experience in our lives where we were not able to partake in the celebration of the Holy Mass and other sacraments that unite us as the body of Christ and open us to the great mystery of the meaning, purpose and dignity of human life.
Mass times will remain the same starting with the Saturday Vigil at 5:00pm, Spanish Mass at 7:00pm, Sunday morning at 7:00am, 9:00am, 11:00am and 5:00pm Sunday evening Mass.
Under the direction and guidance of our Bishop Daniel Garcia, Diocesan and Parish Staff, we have implemented the following protocols to ensure the safety of all at church.
The pews will be marked so that parishioners will be able to sit with the physical distancing between each other. Seats for families will also be available. The dispensation from Bishop Daniel Garcia to attend Sunday Mass and Holy Days of Obligation is still in effect until further notice. For those with pre-conditions, the elderly or anyone that is not well, I will continue to live stream the Mass for you to attend.
Here are the following protocols and directives that we ask you to please abide by for your safety and the safety of others.
• Hand Sanitizer - Will be available when you enter the church
• Temperature – Temperatures will be screened upon entering the church with no contact thermometers
• Wear Masks – Face-coverings are to be worn in and around the church
• Stay 6 feet apart – Physical distancing is practiced in the church and on the church property. Floor markings are in place for safe distancing
• Holy Eucharist – You are asked to receive Holy Communion in your hand until further notice. The Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist will be wearing masks while distributing Communion
• Sign of Peace – No physical contact during the sign of peace
• Offering–Donation box/on-line giving/credit card machines will be available as you enter the church. Collection baskets will not be passed during Mass
• Single Entry & Exit – Please enter through the double doors in the front of the church and exit through the side doors
• Holy Water –Holy water fonts will be empty at this time
• No Hymnals – All Missals, Music Books and other paper resources will not be available
Thank you for your cooperation and adherence to the new protocols regarding church attendance.
I look forward to seeing you at our beautiful parish church soon.
God’s Richest Blessings
Father Wayne Dawson