40 Days for Life Prayer Letter
Dear St. Joseph's Parish,
The 40 Days For Pro-Life takes place from 9/23 to 11/1 during this time people can pray any time of the day or night to end abortion.
Please join us as our prayers can create miracles.
2020 40 Days for Life-Sept 23 to Nov.1 join us in Santa Cruz and Watsonville locations-please join us in a Peaceful Prayer vigil at local abortion clinics to end abortion
We invite you to come weekly, or as often as you can to the prayer vigil site at the abortion clinics and pray when you can. Come and bring a friend to the site, or if that’s not doable, pray and fast at home.
Join us at the Santa Cruz Planned Parenthood clinic between Cathcart and Lincoln/ join us at the Watsonville clinic: Green Valley across from Home Depot.
Here are the prayer intentions, when you come to the clinics. When you come please participate in prayer.
1) when at the clinic pray for a fruitful fall campaign and that the Lord and His angels would watch over us safely as we pray. Pray the rosary.
2) Prayer Vigils change women’s and men’s minds, giving hope for despair and hopelessness. There are up to 75% no-shows when they see peaceful prayer at the clinics and folks carrying signs and praying.
Want to save a life? Show up! Abortion day is not a happy time, we provide a reason to say NO.
3) Countless women are wounded by abortion. They start drinking, drugs, suicide attempts, and other destructive behavior, not realizing it’s the abortion that they are trying to push down. Men suffer, too, like drinking, becoming angry, and overaggressive, again not knowing why. Pray for them during the 40
Days For Life
that they find the post-abortion ministries offering healing and forgiveness from God.
4) Planned Parenthood locally is now just offering the pill, which is used for around 40% of all abortions. They are pushing for telemed pills (dispensed by a doctor on a little screen, or even pills by mail. The potential for bad happenings is multiplied, such as using pills way beyond the 10-weeks-along officially allowed, pills slyly slipped into a drink, hemorrhaging, etc. etc.. pray every day that Planned Parenthood doors are closed.
5) Pray for churches to be very emphatic about waiting until marriage before sex. Pray compassionate attention to women who secretly had abortions, or are thinking about having one.
6) Pray for believers to see the truth of the Bible, that God himself knits us together in the womb.
7) Pray that our Pregnancy Resource Center, Guadalupe Pregnancy Outreach, Siena House, and Jesus, Mary and Joseph Home, are all serving women facing a major life-altering decision regarding what to do about their unintended pregnancy. Pray they do not abort the pregnancy.
8) Pray for the Courts, especially the Supreme Court to reverse the ungodly decisions of the past.
9) Pray for Christians to vote pro-life
10) Pray for a fearless holy stand for life!
Please Check out our santacruz40daysforlife Facebook page for more information about abortion issues. In addition, visit our website for information and contact info.
Please refer to the following pro-life rosary and meditations recommended for 40 Days for Life Prayers Sept 23-Nov 1. 2020:
Pro-Life Meditations on the Mysteries of the Rosary (Fr. Frank Pavone)
Joyful Mysteries The Annunciation:
Mary is troubled by the angel's greeting, yet rejoices to do God's will. Let us pray that those who are troubled by their pregnancy may have the grace to trust in God's will.
John the Baptist leaped for joy in his mother's womb. We pray that people may realize that abortion is not about children who "might" come into the world, but is about children who are already in the world, living and growing in the womb, and are scheduled to be killed.
God Himself was born as a child. The greatness of a person does not depend on size, for the newborn King is very small. Let us pray for an end to prejudice against the tiny babies threatened by abortion, that they are not throwaways, but precious creations of God.
The Child is presented in the Temple because the Child belongs to God. Let us pray that we recognize that children are not the property of their parents, nor of the government. They - and we - belong to God Himself.
Finding of Jesus in the Temple
The boy Jesus was filled with wisdom, because He is God. Let us pray that all people may see the wisdom of His teachings about the dignity of life, and may understand that this teaching is not an opinion, but the truth.
Luminous Mysteries Christ is Baptized in the Jordan
When Jesus is baptized, the Father's voice is heard: "This is my beloved Son." All are called to become adopted sons and daughters of God through baptism. We pray that children in the womb may be protected, so that they may be born and welcomed into the Christian community by baptism.
Christ is made known at the Wedding of Cana
Jesus revealed His glory by the miracle at Cana. The new couple was blessed not only with wine but with faith in Christ. Let us pray for strong marriages, rooted in the Lord, and open to the gift of new life.
Christ proclaims the Kingdom and Calls All to Conversion
"Repent and believe the Good News." Let us pray that these first words of Jesus' public ministry may be heard by all who have committed abortion. May they know that the Lord calls them to conversion, and may they experience life-giving repentance.
Christ is transformed on the mountain, and the disciples see His glory. May the eyes of all people be transformed, that they may see each and every human life as a reflection of the glory of God Himself.
Jesus gives us the Eucharist
“This is My Body, given up for you." The Eucharist teaches us how to live and how to love. Let us pray that parents who sacrifice the babies for the sake of themselves may learn instead to put themselves aside for the sake of their babies.
Sorrowful Mysteries The Agony in the Garden
Let us pray for mothers and fathers who are in agony because they are tempted to abort a child. May they be given the good news that there are alternatives, and may they make use of the help that is available. (Let’s pray that they go to the Pregnancy Resource Center instead)
As Christ's flesh was torn by the instruments of those who scourged Him, so the bodies of babies in the womb are torn by the instruments of the abortionists. Let us pray that abortionists may repent of these acts of child-killing.
The Crowning With Thorns
Jesus suffered the pain of thorns in His head and did so silently. We pray for the mothers and fathers of aborted children. So many of them suffer deep grief and regret over a choice they can never reverse. So many suffer in silence because others tell them it's no big deal. Let us pray for their healing and pardon from the Lord.
The Carrying of the Cross Jesus was not condemned by the power of wicked people. He was condemned because of the silence of good people. Silence always helps the oppressor, never the victim. Let us pray that we may never be silent about abortion, but rather will clearly speak up to save babies from death.
The Crucifixion As we ponder the death of Christ, let us remember the many women who have died from so-called "safe, legal" abortions. Let us ask forgiveness and mercy for them. May their memory save other women from making this tragic mistake.
Glorious Mysteries The Resurrection
Christ is Risen! By His Resurrection, He has destroyed the power of death, and therefore the power of abortion. The outcome of the battle for Life has already been decided: Life is victorious! Let us pray that all pro-lifers will spread this victory to every segment of our society.
By ascending to the Father's throne, Christ takes our human nature, given to us in the womb, to the heights of heaven. He shows us that human beings are made to be raised to heaven, not thrown in the garbage. Let us pray that the world may learn this truth and reject abortion.
The Descent of the Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is the Advocate: He pleads our cause, for we cannot save ourselves. We pray that He will make us advocates for the babies, who cannot speak, write, vote, or protest, or even pray.
The Blessed Virgin Mary was taken body and soul into heaven because she is the Mother of God. Mother and child are united. The Assumption reminds us that they belong together. We pray that society will see that it cannot love women while killing their children, and cannot save children without helping their mothers. We pray that people will be touched by the pro-life question, "Why can't we love them both?" (Let us pray that our local Pregnancy Resource Center, Santa Cruz, and Guadalupe Pregnancy Outreach, Watsonville, will rescue many mothers and babies.)
Mary is the Queen of the Universe. The Church teaches that she is the greatest creature, second only to God. The Church defends the dignity of women. We pray that people will understand that to be pro-life means to be pro-woman, and that to be pro-woman demands that we are pro-life.
God bless you for your prayers to end abortion.
40 Days for Life Coordinator