Posted on: June 26, 2020
Job Opening: Social Media Coordinator
St. Joseph's is currently seeking a part time social media coordinator to enhance and expand its existing social media tools, platforms, practices, and procedures. If you are interested, please contact Ken Mower at Ken@stjoscap.org or call our parish office at (831) 475-8211. Thank you.
Posted on: June 22, 2020
The Secret is Out - We are getting an Associate Pastor
Dear Fellow Parishioners,
I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the good weather.
It was truly good to see so many of you at Mass in our beautiful church this past two weekends. I noticed that some of you were very emotional as it had been almost three months since we gathered at our church to celebrate our faith.
How appropriate it was to have the church re-opened on the Feast of Corpus Christi, The Body and Blood of Jesus.
Speaking of good news and celebration, today, Wednesday the 18th of June, Bishop Daniel Garcia appointed Father Justin Bianchi as the Associate Pastor of Saint Joseph’s Parish in Capitola with the effective date of Wednesday, July 1, 2020.
Father Justin is no stranger to our parish. He has been helping at Saint Joseph’s for the past 6 years while being the Chaplain at the University of California Santa Cruz. Please join me in expressing our gratitude to Bishop Daniel in the appointment of Father Justin Bianchi as the Associate Pastor to our parish.
We welcome Father Justin and thank him for his ministry to our parish in the past and assure him of our support and help in the future as he assumes the duties and responsibilities of the Associate Pastor in our parish.
Let us pray for Father Justin Bianchi as he makes the transition into his new assignment here at our parish.
In God we are confident in a future that is filled with hope and new beginnings as we place our trust in Him.
God’s Richest Blessings upon all of you,
Father Wayne Dawson
Posted on: June 21, 2020
Sunday, June 21, 2020 - Mass
Dear Fellow Parishioners,
It is with great joy that I am able to announce to you the reopening of our beloved parish church on the weekend of Saturday, June 13 and Sunday, June 14, 2020.
This has been an unprecedented experience in our lives where we were not able to partake in the celebration of the Holy Mass and other sacraments that unite us as the body of Christ and open us to the great mystery of the meaning, purpose and dignity of human life.
Mass times will remain the same starting with the Saturday Vigil at 5:00pm, Spanish Mass at 7:00pm, Sunday morning at 7:00am, 9:00am, 11:00am and 5:00pm Sunday evening Mass.
Under the direction and guidance of our Bishop Daniel Garcia, Diocesan and Parish Staff, we have implemented the following protocols to ensure the safety of all at church.
The pews will be marked so that parishioners will be able to sit with the physical distancing between each other. Seats for families will also be available. The dispensation from Bishop Daniel Garcia to attend Sunday Mass and Holy Days of Obligation is still in effect until further notice. For those with pre-conditions, the elderly or anyone that is not well, I will continue to live stream the Mass for you to attend.
Here are the following protocols and directives that we ask you to please abide by for your safety and the safety of others.
• Hand Sanitizer - Will be available when you enter the church
• Temperature – Temperatures will be screened upon entering the church with no contact thermometers
• Wear Masks – Face-coverings are to be worn in and around the church
• Stay 6 feet apart – Physical distancing is practiced in the church and on the church property. Floor markings are in place for safe distancing
• Holy Eucharist – You are asked to receive Holy Communion in your hand until further notice. The Extraordinary Ministers of the Eucharist will be wearing masks while distributing Communion
• Sign of Peace – No physical contact during the sign of peace
• Offering–Donation box/on-line giving/credit card machines will be available as you enter the church. Collection baskets will not be passed during Mass
• Single Entry & Exit – Please enter through the double doors in the front of the church and exit through the side doors
• Holy Water –Holy water fonts will be empty at this time
• No Hymnals – All Missals, Music Books and other paper resources will not be available
Thank you for your cooperation and adherence to the new protocols regarding church attendance.
I look forward to seeing you at our beautiful parish church soon.
God’s Richest Blessings
Father Wayne Dawson